As usual before a long weekend, our office closed early today. So I had time to get out to Thousand Oaks for a three hour sunset/moonrise hike at Wildwood Regional Park. Combined with a CrossFit class this morning, and fasting all day, I’m kinda beat tonight.
This weekend marks the unofficial end of summer in the US. And the end of the eighth month. So it seems like a good time to check in once again on my one little word for the year.
So how’s my health?
• I’ve maintained my weight loss, effortlessly. The no-grains thing is working out for me just fine.
• I started CrossFit training about five weeks ago and I love it. I’m getting stronger and more toned every week. But …
• My knees hurt. I try to protect them (stepping instead of jumping for example) but there are still a ton of knee-impacting exercises. I am not sure what to do about this.
• I had many visits with a chiropractor in hopes of healing my jaw. There was no healing, though my posture certainly improved. And then I found out that my insurance wasn’t covering the visits (totally my fault for not clearly ascertaining that prior to treatment). I’m waiting for the big bill, which I hope to negotiate down to something manageable.
• In the meantime, I’ve decided to ignore my jaw. It works fine, for most intents and purposes. Nuff said.
• I haven’t had a cold or other sickness all year.
• As for emotional healing, I’ve kinda-sorta started dating. Well, put it this way, I have been on a few dates. It’s been nice, though there’s no-one special at this point. But I’m ready to love again, if it happens. If not, that’s OK too. I’m happy with my life as it is.
So yeah, it’s good. I’m healthy, and getting more so. Just gotta strengthen those knees.