when you’re onto a good thing, stick to it

Cambie #2

Cambie #2

Cambie #2, with better fit. Fabric is Moda Sweetwater Reunion Ava’s Apron Dot in Cherry.

The following mods were made (from the last version, not the original pattern):
• 1″ removed from the top of the bust princess seam
• small back darts added
• bodice lengthened by 1/2″
• no lining — edges bound with bias

Untitled
The back still has fit issues. The creases at the top are a result of the gathers at the front; I don’t think there’s much I can do about them.

But overall I think the back is just too big. Experienced sewists, how do I fix it for Cambie #3?

Previous Post

1. WOW!!! You really have figured out the fit issues. I love this dress. I love it on you. You look amazing.

• Elizabeth, I got a TON of compliments on this dress at work today. People who never even speak to me were doing double takes and saying “Great dress!” I wonder … is it the fabric that’s so attention-getting? The color? The fit? I want to incorporate the magic ingredient into more garments!

2. It’s just fantastic! Love it.

3. perhaps you could shorten the back length a bit? see how the waist band isn’t parallel? But honestly, I think that is minor. The fit looks fantastic on you!

4. back bodice

5. MeMe

/  July 7, 2012

Very cute dress. Love the fabric/pattern cobmbo.
    Regarding the bodice back, have you considered using a smaller size? It looks a bit too big, particularly at the shoulders. From the front, it is lovely.

6. I think the fit in the back is really flattering.. I wouldn’t change it.

1. at long last: a dress | such wild love