what it’s really all about

My #freaky #eyes

Backbone Trail

Backbone Trail

My happy #kichen

Sometimes it’s about breathing. Sometimes it’s about forgetting. Sometimes it’s about being absolutely OK with what I have right here, right now. With no striving for more income, a better emergency plan, all my ducks in a row.

Freaky eyes. Hiking trails. An ocean view. Flowers and herbs and a meal to prepare. It’s enough. It’s more than enough.

Sometimes it’s about letting go of the expectations I have set for myself, and loudly proclaimed to others. It’s about deleting the ‘to do’ list. Ditching the exercise plan. Drinking the third glass of wine.

It’s about turning up the music and dancing.

When I look at it honestly, it’s really all about the dancing.

Let’s twirl.

Next Post

1. Looking beautiful Hashi, inside and out. Thank you for the reminder. I needed that today.

2. Louise Pinson

/  June 25, 2012

It was dancing that brought my daughter back from a very dark place, dancing that David and I returned to recently, more than 30 years after meeting at the Albert Hall.

3. oh yes Hashi…it really is all about the dance!
    Twirl on Sister!!
    You look so amazing!!
    ~YOU ARE AMAZING!~

4. before ever setting eyes on this post, today i thought about letting go and dancing :)

5. redhedphotogirl

/  June 25, 2012

Ditto what everyone else has said – I needed this today. Thank you my beautiful friend. XO

6. Hello, I found your blog through Gumboots’ list. I have read a few posts but this is the first time to comment just to say hello and that I love the way you write. So honest. You seem like a wonderful person to know. I’m very pleased to have met your beautiful daughters through instagram also.