My one little word for this year is ‘healthy’. At first I picked ‘heal’, but then decided to aim higher, to go beyond healing, to robust health.
With a third of the year past, I thought it time to touch base. And I’m happy to report that I’m so much healthier than I was on New Year’s Day, when J broke up with me for the second time.
- I’m at a good weight for my height (50lb less than I was in Feb 2011*).
- I’m exercising every day.
- Since forgiving J, our relationship is easy and mutually supportive.
- After a 20 year hiatus, I recently rejoined Mensa and am enjoying socializing with new people. Not that I’ve abandoned my existing friendships. Me and my girls are still hanging out :-)
- I’ve had nearly all my annual medical checkups, and everything’s looking good. My dermatologist kindly removed a suspicious growth from my back yesterday, and I’m waiting for the biopsy results, but am not concerned.
- I’m meditating every day. Good for mental health.
- And flossing every day. Good for oral health.
- I feel happy nearly all the time, which feels, shall we say, awesome?
So yeah … I’m pretty content. Healthy is good.
I hope you’re feeling it too.
*I stopped eating grains.