pastille, complete

I finished the Pastille dress last weekend, and it was finally warm enough to wear it today. I’m on the lookout for the right belt to wear with it.

As I said before, when I picked this fabric for muslin# 2, I didn’t intend to ever wear it. It’s way more garish than I would usually choose. But I’m kinda liking it now. I even bought some red sandals to go with it.

I tweaked this pattern a LOT. After redrafting the bodice (technically making this muslin #2.5), I am 90% satisfied with the fit. I still think the back bodice and skirt could fit my curves better, and despite multiple attempts to get them smooth, I couldn’t eliminate the pointiness in the bust-waist darts.

Given the struggle it took to get this pattern to fit nicely, I’m going to take a break from Colette for a while. I’m eyeing Vogue 1303 next. It needs a crisp fabric and I have some orange batik in my stash that I can use for a muslin. And who knows, maybe I’ll end up wearing it too.

Previous Post
Next Post

1. This is really really pretty on you. Such happy colors.

2. I can’t see any pointy darts. Looks great on the screen. I love this dress on you. So flattering. And I love the bright colors. Yeah for fitting!

• Luckily the busy fabric hides the darts’ true pointiness. In fact, I’ve decided that busy prints hide a MULTITUDE of sins, both figure and sewing imperfections.

3. Angela

/  May 6, 2012

It’s fresh and summery, and you did a lovely job fitting it. Would love to see it with the belt.

• Angela, me too! I’m thinking a wide red elastic belt. I might need to make one if I can’t find one soon.

4. A red bow belt is needed! There was a tut for one somewhere. Can’t remember where. Tilly maybe?

The dress is splendid but I so hear you about needing something else to go on with.

5. Rosie

/  May 8, 2012

This print / dress is just lovely on you. It is just what the doctor ordered to brighten your day. I definitely cannot see the pointy darts. Great work!

6. It’s really nice on you, well done!

7. Tui

/  June 3, 2012

Beautiful!! And I am totally crushing on the vogue pattern!!!!!